Legion Rugby Academy
About the Legion Rugby Academy Program
The Legion Rugby Academy is providing players, coaches and community members an official pathway for development, identification and competition to progress locally, internationally and professionally. Our Academy is a long-term, player centered and collectively aligned systematic model. It is created to cater to the capabilities, maximize potential and enjoyment of each participant for each developmental stage. Built from our core values of Discipline, Inclusivity, Integrity, Respect, Sportsmanship and Transparency, we strive to honor and grow the game.
As officially recognized USA Rugby National Development Pathway (NDP ), the Legion Rugby Academy is created to offer regular and continuous development opportunities for all players and coaches. Legion Rugby Academy provides high performance skill and coach development in accordance with set benchmark standards, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Working with a mutual dedication to growing the game, we can position young men and women to be their best on and off the field. Providing programs to improve players’ and coaches’ capability to compete in youth, high school, collegiate, elite club, MLR and USA National teams.
- To identify, recruit, and develop, from all sources, the most talented young players and bring them through the Academy into the 1st XV squad.
- To adopt a comprehensive recruitment policy in Southern California & beyond
- To provide world-class coaching to give each Academy player the best opportunity to succeed.
- To provide the most appropriate individual player development, mentoring, and support programs.
- To provide the most appropriate competitive program for each player and to constantly review performance in training and matches.
- To provide the best possible facilities for our players to succeed.
- To provide the opportunity for Academy players to continue in furthering higher education.
- To build good working relationships with schools, clubs, and universities.
- To teach responsibility, discipline, and respect for themselves and the game.
- To set high standards for integrity, honesty, and performance.